Tuesday, September 15, 2015

DIY Sandbags

(Stephen Patek: 3Gins Media)

I can't tell you how many times I've overlooked something so simple, yet so crucial to a smooth production flow.
•When you've got time to set up, there's no excuse.
•When its Gorilla style (there's more leeway); and I hate to admit that nearly 60 percent of my work tends to feel like Gorilla style.

So, just so I'm clear. When you've got the time its good to have things fixed or get things you need.

•Don't forget to have light-bulbs from your light kits replaced; if they're sketchy, find out why.
•Check the weather
•Put notes+reminders in at least 3 places for meetings and presentations
•Location Scout/ take pictures/ notes/ lighting needs (Good God, don't forget this)
•Follow up with people (I diverge)

Today I'm posting a quick DIY tutorial about making your own sandbags because:
1. I enjoy making things (plus, your ingenuity and craftsmanship will be viewed positively in the eyes of your clients who might just ask you about that idea later)

2. I enjoy being frugal with my money and not just saying 'screw it' I'm buying the industry standard/ expectation of 'that thing' because I would rather sport a branded product than make my own.
•at least when you make your own stuff, there's a little more pride in it versus saying 'well, there goes my money'

without further a due: DIY Sandbags


No comments:

Post a Comment

Solid Deals.