Friday, January 20, 2017

ShopTalk 12 (The Value of Failure)

In addition to: Being Bald and trying to document life + arrange new opportunities. 
I still produce ShopTalk when I'm able. This recent ShopTalk is centered around the concept of Failures (owning failure and the value of failure); there is quite a significant benefit to having failed at things. And I've failed at quite a bit. Not gaining traction with ideas or having them shot down and sending you back to square one, is also a form of failure.

Failure doesn't always have to mean bankruptcy or things breaking. Simply not achieving a set goal or meeting expectations is also a form of failure.

In this latest ShopTalk, ironically - my camera stopped recording part way through on my first attempt to shoot it. Honestly though, the 2nd take was better. I got to take a look at the lighting, scene and just my overall address in general. I originally shot it inside and there was a ton of background noise, I didn't use an additional audio recording device and I wasn't pleased with the angle. And though on my 2nd attempt I sat outside on the only chilly day all week, I held a firmer conviction to get it done right versus suffice with an OK Final Product. My overall goal is to get better at producing these talks so they can be used as a reference. I was inspired by: Adam h Michaels (Facebook) and also enjoy Chase Jarvis (Facebook)

In this latest discussion, I go over the Value of Failure. Why it's beneficial to fail and learn from your failure versus being consumed by it. Paying Attention to your surroundings. Putting in the Grind and Hustle to get what you Want. Not settling, but expanding upon your goals. And I pull references from; David Green: CEO, Hobby Lobby (More than a Hobby). Gary Vaynerchuk: CEO Vaynermedia (#ASKGARYVEE). 
Janet Holloway; Leadership Coach: Women Leading Kentucky (A Willful Child). 
In addition to talking about the 16th President Abraham Lincoln.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Solid Deals.